What are some Chinese voicebanks you would recommend?

finding new Japanese and English UTAU voicebanks has been pretty easy, but I’ve been struggling to find Chinese voicebanks to try out. does anyone have any favorite UTAUs that have Chinese voicebanks available? I’m okay with any recording method.

I think I already have all of VOICEMITH’s voicebanks (Xia Yu Yao, JOAN and OSCAR), so no need to recommend those.

1 Like

(moved from #utau:questions to #utau as this is more an open ended discussion rather than a structured Q&A)

1 Like

The best voicebank with Chinese capabilities is mostly voiced by natives.

The easiest way to search these voicebanks is by going to Bilibili (it’s a Chinese equal to NicoNico Douga or YouTube) and typing 中文音源配布 to search.

My personal favorites are Kumaka Lika (masculine CV), Shisakune Demo (feminine CVVC, multipitch), and of course OSCAR.

1 Like

thank you! searching bilibili is a good idea! thanks for also giving that keyword to look up, I definitely would’ve been lost without it. I’ll dig around and see what I can find in a little while!

1 Like

You’re welcome sangv! I hope that you’ll find some new favorites eventually.

Baidu Wangpan is very popular cloud service inside mainland China. However, if you don’t have an account to it, you cannot download anything from that site (and making an account is mission impossible for overseas users as registering requires a Chinese phone number).

Luckily, many of the vocal synth Chinese users have access to VPN or lives outside the mainland, so most of them upload also on Google Drive or Bowlroll for example for easy access to us.

If you have troubles with getting a voicebank you want because of this, don’t hesitate to ask help from the Chinese community. And from my personal experience, many of them are able to communicate in English, so there’s no big language barrier.

1 Like

i’d probably suggest either ryone yami’s chinese VCV, xia yu yao, or oscar and joan!

i’m not familiar with xia yu yao, but she’s made by voicemith just like oscar/joan. oscar and joan are a bit hard to find (i’m actually unsure if their official website is still up). they’re cvvc, but they have a bit of an odd way of doing cvvc. i’m not sure how to explain it, but every individual sound takes up two separate notes, so two syllables would end up being 4-5 notes long. they take a while to get used to, but they’re so high quality that it’s worth it! i hope this helps you in your search~